Starting problems - battery or alternator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Tripp Boyle
Starting problems - battery or alternator

Driving my truck everyday and it starts no problem but if I leave it for a weekend while i'm away (I know I should take her everywhere) I come back and it usually won't start. I can barely get it to turn over. So a couple of questions. Is there any way to determine if it is the Battery or the Alternator? Could it be the relays and are those easy to replace? And what is the BEST battery for a D-90 (I am planning on adding 4 hella 4000's).

Any help would be great!

Old June 19th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Sounds to me that you have a battery drain--something in your system either has a continuous drain or there is a short. You can take your truck to any garage and they can check the battery/alternator, but it does not sound like that to me. Try doing a search here for clues on troubleshooting voltage drains to help determine what it might be.

A couple common drains are stereo/amp, sometimes brake lights/running lights, clock short, stuff like that. There are techniques to narrow it down, it has just been so long I can't remember...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

alternator, battery, problems, start, starting