Starting Problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Starting Problem

I am sure someone has addressed this but I breifly search through the forum. Here goes: If I leave my key turned all the way on but don't start it for a period of time - let's say 5 minutes - it won't start. I can smell gas out of the exhaust pipe and I pulled a plug wire to see if it is getting spark and it is.

Me thinks - the fuel pump runs while I have the key on and too much fuel ends up in the combustioning chamber - if that is the case then I have leaky injectors?

Anyone - I think to test that I should leave the key on for spell, turn it off and start pulling plugs and see if I can find the cylinders with significant gas smell?

Or just maybe I am on crack and this is a common problem with a quick fix - such as a fuel temp sending unit on the fritz or...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

start, starting