Starting issues - Truck wont Fire/Catch (Wet?) - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 14th, 2015, 11:00 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Rollover switch is good, sending it to a pro in the morning . Tempted to part it out while it still has some value
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2015, 11:10 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Phillip i'll give you too little for it to take it off your hands.. mines running right so i can use a little grief..

Relays for the computer or the fuel pump?
dunno mine responded to cleaning them (i.e plugging them in a couple of time) as well as the series connection to the diagnostic plug (the white one with the ECU..) took a couple of time and electrical cleaning to stop of cut off issue i had for a while..

i have a rover gauge cable coming btw..

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old November 15th, 2015, 06:57 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
Phillip i'll give you too little for it to take it off your hands.. mines running right so i can use a little grief.. Relays for the computer or the fuel pump? dunno mine responded to cleaning them (i.e plugging them in a couple of time) as well as the series connection to the diagnostic plug (the white one with the ECU..) took a couple of time and electrical cleaning to stop of cut off issue i had for a while.. i have a rover gauge cable coming btw..
If you have no spark then the issue is not with the ecu. I'll dig out the LR diagnostic doc.

If you have no spark from the coil and the coil is powered then logically this is a low voltage ignition issue. The breaker on the dizzy shaft breaks the low voltage signal and causes the coil to fire. Have you checked the state of the dizzy?
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The other day after a rainstorm I went out and jumped in the 94 lwb to go buy fluids for Jonesy's truck and when I hit start the truck fired right up but the drivers door window went down. The window was completely unresponsive to the window switch till I got to the destination and turned it off. When I came back out and started it up, everything worked fine...

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fire, start, starting