stalling - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2005, 02:25 PM
bjenk
Brian Jenkinson
1994 D90

stalling

I just did some searching to see if there is a solution to my little stalling issue. However, my 94 d90 is stalling every once in a while. Usually happens when I come to a stop or more often when I turn sharp at a slow rate of speed. I have not check anything as I am at work. But it does not do it everytime. Most of my searching found guys having stalling issues at all times. Other than the little stalling (maybe once during a little run to the store) the truck runs great. Any suggestions or related symptoms is appreciated.

brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

STC-1856 Ignition module relocation kit. On my third now (due to a faulty alternator) but am also running a heat sink on the plate.
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Not to throw cold water on the advice above, but when my truck was stalling periodically a tune-up, idle adjustment, and intake cleaning service did the job. There can be a variety of reasons, but many have experienced this problem.
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Exactly right, Robert, I'd assumed that he'd done that, but in re-reading the post, I guess not. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, clean stepper, MAF and intake. Failing all that, test ignition system per the workshop manual. After my module failing so many times with the same symptoms and no check engine light, my knee jerk is to go to the module.

Tony
Old May 7th, 2005, 12:40 AM
bjenk
Brian Jenkinson
1994 D90

Thanks for the input. I will do the above and just give it a once over with routine cleaning...What is the MAF?
Old May 7th, 2005, 12:56 AM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

mass air flow sensor...I think

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions