Stainless Bolt Kits - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
None - sadly
Stainless Bolt Kits

These stainless bolt kits sold by RN and the like, are they worth the $? Also, the door hinge and roll cage bolts, do they attach to captive nuts or is it a real PITA to replace them all?

Curious, and interested in stopping what rust I can.

Old January 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles
It depends. If you want to save yourself from pulling a sampling of the bolts and going to West Marine or the like to get similar bolts. Then yes, it's worth the kit.

However, if your inclined to pull a sampling of bolts, make a list and buy exactly what you need, then it's better to go with the DIY route.

Old January 26th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

This is in my to-do list for this spring... The tech section had a parts substitution lists for all the hardware which I believe would only set you back around $80 or so. With the kind of weather we have in our area, I think they're worth the effort of trying to replace them. I just don't think that they're worth the $300 or so that AB or RN sells them when they can be had for less.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions