ST with 2" Lift- Need Overall Height - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
ST with 2" Lift- Need Overall Height

Anyone out there have a recently installed OME 2" lift and 33s or 285s on their ST that can tell me the overall height of their rig? My stock suspension is sagging and I know the 2" lift will end adding more than just 2" to my current height. I just need to make sure I can get mine back in the garage!!!

Gracias

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Mine is not recent, but I have that combo (OME 2" and 285s) and it just fits on the garage. I stayed with the 285s because it wouldn't fit if I went to 35s. If you want me to measure mine I can.

Got any cheap parts?

LOL
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:40 AM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

I would be happy measure as well, but my lift includes rubber isolators, etc. that add about 0.5" Check out my earlier post and let me know if you want my height. My overall gain was approx 3.0 inches.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=1953
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcscharfe
I would be happy measure as well, but my lift includes rubber isolators, etc. that add about 0.5" Check out my earlier post and let me know if you want my height. My overall gain was approx 3.0 inches.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=1953
Paul
Thanks Paul, I saw your post last year. Please measure when you get a chance. It just seems like I have a midget garage (no offense to any midgets on this board) door.

Charles, I do have some jugs of used oil if you want them.

Dang it, SEE, there you go again! Now we have changed the subject. You are good my friend....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:02 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
mine goes in the garage by a hair and i have 3" rym springs and 35" mtrs. 84" door
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
See that's my problem, my door opening is 81" and I think I am pretty close already. Thankfully I am in a rental and will be buying a house with a real garage this fall - so the lift might have to wait.

Semper Fi!
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Good plan J. Just make sure if the garage door on the new house isn't tall enough already, that there is no structural reason you can't raise the door height. On my garage the headers are really high so I can raise mine without any structural changes - which was going to be my next rover mod until Janey came along . That too will need to wait for a while I think.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

J. George,

Its a little tricky to measure with exact precision, but my 1997 ST appears to be 79.5" tall at the B pillar... That's with 285/75's at 38 psi, empty truck, OME "standard" 2" lift, 0.5" rubber isolators, etc.

But, I also have Hella 3000s, so for me it's another 3 inches when they are laying down. I dont enter a garage less than 7' without severe pucker factor...
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks Paul, At this point I am just going to have to wait until my new house and garage is built in August to install the lift.

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht