Defender Source Forum banner

ST Windshield Trim Pieces

973 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  D90Overkill 
#1 ·
Before I take my hardtop off for the spring/summer and go back to full ST mode I'm hoping to get the conversation going regarding those ultra rare windshield trim pieces.

Mine are in 100% perfect condition and I'd love to hear ideas about how we can (re)produce them in bulk.

Anyone savvy enough with 3D printing to make it happen? Other ideas?

#2 ·
I think it's an exceptional idea. I have one that I bought awhile back (pricey) that was broken in several locations. Nothing major but it wasn't perfect enough to replicate. If you have a perfect one there are a couple guys on here that are great at that 3D stuff. I bought a 95' RRC instrument bezel that was made and it's awesome and no longer a hard to find expensive ass part. I would imagine if someone would make these they would sell like hot cakes. And I'm one of those buyers:thumb:

#4 ·
Doesn’t Congleton make them? I can’t say that he and I get along very well anymore, but he does exceptional work and I believe his trim pieces looked spot on. It’s pricey, but in lieu of NLA, it’s fair. I see it’s sold out right now, but I imagine stocks will replenish as our overlords run out of excuses to keep us locked down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.