ST windows slide - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 10th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Cyborg
Larry Walton
'97 D-90 ST #2066 UK 4X4

ST windows slide

On my ST the windows on one side do not "pinch" properly to keep them from sliding with the handle I turn to hold them. I am assuming there is a worn part inside the door top frame that is not properly applying pressure to the windows to keep them pinched shut. Has anyone had this happen? What is the best way to gain access to this area? Looks like there is one silver screw that I could take out and possibly remove the unit but I am afraid I may drop a nut loose inside the door top frame or something. I have not found any info on this anywhere.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Larry
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

The exact same thing is happening to mine. Trying to figure out how to fix it right now. I hope somebody knows!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I drilled out the 4 rivets and put a round washer between the two nylon "fingers". I then riveted it back together and it works fine for the last 6 months. Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I just called George at RDS and he said that you can buy all the stuff separately to "rebuild" the window so it works properly. I am going to go through my parts manual and get all the right pieces that I need and fix it that way. New door tops are going for $370 a piece!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
slide, window, windows