ST Jump Seat Belt Mounting Points - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 5th, 2015, 03:08 PM
1994 NAS D90
ST Jump Seat Belt Mounting Points

I have (2) new Exmoor jump seats ready to bolt down. Having trouble deciphering the best location in the wheel wells to drill for the belt bolts (OEM belts, non-retractable) I understand the whole reinforcing issue or lack thereof in a Soft Top. I'm just looking for the most ergonomic or traditional location to attach.

Old August 5th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Subscribed. I mounted the seats where they lined up with the rivnuts on the capping (or whatever that piece is right below the window).

I haven't however mounted seatbelts because I don't have a plan to make it reasonably secure.

I am certainly not going to drill a hole in the aluminum and put washers on either side of the seat belt bracket... and I don't think I'm going to make a big L bracket to get steel to steel all the way down to the frame. I'm guessing there is a solution in the middle that would do the trick.

Good luck.
Lemmings as you know them are a Disney fabricated lie. The truth is out there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

jump seat, mount