ST door repaint - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM
jhhorse
joe heins
1995 defender 90

ST door repaint

Seeing a little corrosion on my ST doors, not only in the usual corners but also the white stuff on the bottom of the outside.

Can I just pull them off and take them to a local body shop expecting them to repair and repaint to match, or am I asking too much of a standard shop?

Thanks

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Problem is most probably in the door frame. Have you pulled the door cards off to see how the inside of the door looks?
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:29 PM
jhhorse
joe heins
1995 defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
The white powder is galvanic corrosion where the steel frame is cording the aluminum skin. if it hasnet created holes in the skin, you can pull teh skin, treat the corsion, repaint and reassemble. the the reality is new doors are usually cheaper.

-Jeff

Thanks, if that's the case, I will let it go for a bit, and get new doors. Inside of the doors aren't too bad yet.

Joe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, paint