sqeaking - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I have a new sqeak, that I cannot seem to find or kill. It sounds like it is coming from one of the rear wheels. It started after a trail ride in Uwharrie at the end of april. I was pretty muddy, so I assumed it was dirt somewhere.

I started by taking the wheels off and pressure washing the entire under carrige and suspension. I took off my trail tires and put on my other set, no changes.

I have checked and rechecked the search section. I have hosed everything down with WD40 and White lithium grease, but still no changes. I even sprayed down the bushings, just in case.

On Friday, I regreased the bearings and even replaced them on the passanger side. I looked at the break pads and they looked fine, as did the rotors.

The noise is most noticalbe when I am coasting. It seems to go away when I have my foot on the gas.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Old September 11th, 2006, 09:46 AM
1995 SW #487/500
i seem to have crickets somewhere in my SW. Not sure where it just started one day. Its impossible to find.
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions