Springs and shocks again - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 24th, 2011, 10:55 PM
jhhorse
joe heins
1995 defender 90

Springs and shocks again

I searched for this but no real answers. I have 2"lift on my 1995 Defender 90, do very little off roading and more highway driving.

Would it be worth the effort to get rid of the lift and go back to stock height, just to reduce wear and tear?

If so, what setup, springs and shocks, would get me back to stock height (assuming stock tires, etc) for the best ride and value?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2011, 12:07 AM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
I am not sure about the springs, but I am guessing you would want to go with bilstein shocks. I don't know if the lift is more wear and tear or not. There are opinions both ways.

Not to hijack the thread but I have a set of original springs and a set of brand new bilsteins that were never put on. I was going to lower mine to the original height also, but went a different direction. PM me if you are interested, we look like we are neighbors.

l8r,
Bill
Old February 25th, 2011, 06:06 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I 2nd the BILSTEIN recommendation. I ran OME (not OEM) shocks for about 5 years and they were ok, but the Bilsteins were better ESPECIALLY for pavement princess driving. Basically, the driving that I do. Much tighter and holds the road better.

I love my truck but I live in Tallahassee, FL where there are just southern kids who want to go through the same mud puddle again and again... and guys in Jeeps who want to show off how big their tires are and how much better they THINK they're junk is than mine. (I used to have a PHAT jeepie, that couldn't hold a candle to my D90).

Mine D90 has some nice parts in it, but kept the ride stock height, stock tire size and am much happier for what I do now... Which is not really take it off-road as most can't go where this freakin' Defender can go.

I'm debating whether or not to take mine to Boston, MA on my next road trip to visit friends and what not beginning of April. It rides great it's just the freaking GAS PRICES YO'! LOL... Good luck Sir.

Peace my brother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolvedic View Post
I am not sure about the springs, but I am guessing you would want to go with bilstein shocks. I don't know if the lift is more wear and tear or not. There are opinions both ways.

Not to hijack the thread but I have a set of original springs and a set of brand new bilsteins that were never put on. I was going to lower mine to the original height also, but went a different direction. PM me if you are interested, we look like we are neighbors.

l8r,
Bill
I might be interested if nobody else is. Are the shocks and springs all standard height?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions