Spring Perch Alignment?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 19th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
Spring Perch Alignment??

So I am sitting in the driveway taking the hub apart to re-grease the chocolate, rust colored bearings and I noticed the bottom and top spring perch are not aligned at all. The bottom is about 2 inches further forward then the top. The shock is slanted forward and is relatively close to touching the cone. Seems wrong to me. I have the stock radius arms with a 2 inch lift. Is everyone else's front suspension sit square? The car was sitting level when I took a look at it. Any thoughts?

Land Rovers are by far the best looking 4x4 on the back of a flatbed...
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Mark M
Just made the same observation yesterday on mine. I have RTE radius arms and have the same conditions- about 2inches forward on the bottom. Don't recall if it was like this with stock arms. Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions