Speedometer Unstable - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM
richord
Richard Ordowich
1987/D90

Registry
Speedometer Unstable

I installed a new speedometer cable and new speedometer (removed the KPH and installed an MPH) and the needle is bouncing all over the place.

I was a bit leery of the new cable since it had a plastic shaft at the speedometer end while the old one was metal.

Is this a problem of the pickup gone bad?

I have a GPS with the speed displayed as a backup for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:04 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by richord View Post
I installed a new speedometer cable and new speedometer (removed the KPH and installed an MPH) and the needle is bouncing all over the place. I was a bit leery of the new cable since it had a plastic shaft at the speedometer end while the old one was metal. Is this a problem of the pickup gone bad? I have a GPS with the speed displayed as a backup for now.
Yeah that setup is crap. Look at converting to a electronic VDO with YBE pickup. Plenty of threads on the subject if you search.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
speedo