Speedometer not working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Speedometer not working

I had to replace some bulbs in the dash the other day, and when I put it back together the speedometer was not working. I pulled the dash apart again, and made sure that the cable was connected and pushed all the way down into the dash, and still no response. Any idea if it is the speedometer or the cable that failed?

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2003, 01:03 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

The cable pulled out of the transducer on the frame rail. Look at the back of the T-case, there is a cable coming out of it that runs over to the drivers side frame rail. The cable goes into a small box, unscrew the the out going cable and pull back the center a little (1/2") then screw it back on and you should be good. (this happens to me all the time).
Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:47 AM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Mike...thanks for the help, worked out great. I had trouble tracing the line from the T-case due to the skid plate, so I traced it from the top side and found it no problem.

Thanks again,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
TheBeast
Dane Block
1994 D-90 #1440

Hey I just replaced my alternator (tach works now...) and my fan clutch on my 94 D-90, now my Speedometer and my Odometer are not working. How do I know if it is a bad speedo, a bad speedo cable or something else that may have happend when I fixed the ALT and fan clutch? The Speedometer just stays at zero and the odometer drum does not roll.
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:27 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I have had trouble with the speedo in my 110 after replacing the bulbs in the dash. I had the gauge cluster out and when I got it back together the speedo didnt work. I pulled it apart and screwed around with it but now my speedo is jumpy at slow speeds. Once I hit 30 it is smooth. Any ideas?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
speedo