Defender Source Forum banner

Speedometer Correction

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Red90 
#1 · (Edited)
Speedometer Correction Discovery Series One

Any time I have had a truck with over sized tires it has been a Defender with an analog gauge. I could just swap out the speedo gear and get my Speedometer pretty close.

But I recently bought a Disco 1 with over sized tires and I want to get the speedo correct as possible. Has anyone ever used one of these GPS Speedometer Sender by Intellitronix. They sell them on eBay GPS Speedometer Sender by Intellitronix with High Speed Memory Recall Universal | eBay .

Any other options? I have a Garmin GPS in there now that I am using as a speedo, but would like a more factory looking option. I am not adverse to installing some other gps speedometer type device, but I would also like it if my odometer was correctish. Right now at 65 my speedo shows 80 mph. It has 245/75r16 bfg all terrains tires on it and may or may not have different diff gears, I am in the process of figuring that out. I bought the truck from non rover guy, so it didn't really have any idea.

Thank you in advance.

#3 ·
Well that would work great if this was a Defender and ironically enough I already have a brand new VDO speedometer, but since this is a Discovery Series 1 I am trying to do something that will work within the instrument cluster that is already there.

------ Follow up post added October 11th, 2016 04:05 PM ------

Sorry didn't see your edit.

#4 ·
It must have 4.7s in the diff as those tires would make the speedo read low, not high. You can still change the speedo gears, which is the low cost option. Otherwise, there are a few electronic devices that will adjust the signal. Personally I would go that route over a GPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.