speed sensor wiring - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 26th, 2004, 04:35 PM
rcork
Robert Cork
1993 NAS 110

speed sensor wiring

Folks,
THis is for a NAS 110.
I finially broke down and ordered the VDO speedo as discussed in the FAQ. But, there is no local speedo shop to make me an adapter to connect my existing speedo cable to the vdo speed transducer. So, I called a not so local shop and the guy tells me to just connect to the factory part that supplys the ECU. He claims this is not going to hurt a thing, as long as I don't just short the wires.

My question is, has anyone done this? I think ECR has done this already when they installed the cruise control, but the guy at ECR wasn't very helpful. Perhaps someone could tell me what wire color and tonight I crawl under the truck and see what I can find near the speed transducer that is connected to the frame rail.

Thanks,
Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2004, 11:30 PM
rcork
Robert Cork
1993 NAS 110

Okay, after checking the manual and the truck, the speed sensor is located under the drivers floor panel. I traced the wires and found the aftermarket cruise taps into the green/yellow wire at the speed sensor. Simple enough I think. Connect the VDO speedo to the same wire the cruise uses and I'm good to go, I think.

As an added bonus I found the dash light dimmer switch jammed behind the dash with 5 relays and some fuses. someone did a fine job of adding lights and stuff to the truck, I hope they got a good deal on electrical tape, they must have used 3 rolls on the cruise alone. Now I just need to cut another switch hole for the dash light dimmer!

I'll post my results after I get the speedo in and working.
Robert
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:44 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Robert,

Off the subject a little bit. How's the cruise control working for you? Is there a kit I could purchase?
I'm interested in your results on the VDO speedo. I'm planning on doing the same upgrade.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
sensor, wiring