Spedometer out - :confused - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 30th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Spedometer out - :confused

Rode up the curb today, on purpose. When I popped down back on the road the spedometer was out. Figure something got jarred loose but I have no clue in this area. Did a search, and the only other advice was on the cable coming loose from the T-box. A T-box is?? (god let that not be the dumbest question on the site).

Oh, and I went up the curb at low speed to clear traffic, so I could find the 2 black lab.s , one of which I almost made road kill out of, and call the cops. Hate to see a family pet splatted.

Old October 31st, 2006, 01:06 AM
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110
The T-case is the transfer case, it's on the back of the transmission. You may have to check the back of the speedo as well, mine broke the plastic retainer that held the cable to the back of the speedometer. A bit of duct tape fixed it up just fine.

Bike Mike
Old October 31st, 2006, 09:08 AM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
One thing to watch is that if you let morons at minit-lubes change your t-case oil, they might pinch the speedo cable with whatever inappropriate 1/2" drive tool they are using. Someone sliced through the casing on mine one time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions