spazzoid odometer 97 Defender - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
John Bartlett
Angry spazzoid odometer 97 Defender

I have a 97 Defender and I realize the problems they had with the electronic odometer. It's going spazzoid on me! Can anyone give me all the info required to replace this from start to finish? Also where to purchase all needed. Thanks to all who respond. JOHN

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Cabell Crowther
You might want to talk to Mike at East Coast Rover. I believe they can repair electronic speedos.

Old November 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hutch Craig
97 AA Yellow D90 ST
There are a number of threads regarding speedo repair. I followed a good one to repair mine. I'm pretty damn good with things like that but in the end I couldn't fix it. I sent it to ECR (wanted to keep the orig as the miles are stored on it not in the ecu, etc) and had it repaired. Expensive and probably took them only a few minutes but hey they could do it and I couldn't! The price of repair was the SAME as buying a new one but it's probably that damn flat cable that has come loose/coroded - it's as good as new when they work on it. If they can't fix it they don't charge you - I'm pretty sure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions