Defender Source Forum banner

sparkplugs

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  jefferson 
#1 ·
I hate to ask but I did search and didnt find much. Champion NGK I dont think the bosch platnums really are worth it so...... going to renew everything in the ignition system so just wanted to get it right the first time. gonna get some magnecor wires probally the 8mm FWIW. so anyways.. thanks for the insight

#8 ·
I use whatever copper plug is the cheapest. The only ones I've ever had issues with were champion when 3 out of 4 were faulty out of the box, but that was about 20 years ago in a series.
Never seen any noticeable difference in how the engine performs.

#9 ·
For wires, Magnecor makes great ones. No doubt. I have used 3 sets of them, but I have switched to Kingsborne now with no noticable loss in performance at all, but a hell of a lot cheaper. There are tons here that have done the same. I am taking nothing away from Magnecor---just popping out another option... http://www.kingsbornewires.com/product.sc?productId=754&categoryId=38

Heck, 8mm wire set for under $40? I am down with that...

#11 ·
x2 on the KIngsborne, been using them in Land Rovers since the 80's. Tried magnecore, but not worth the price differece IMO.

#13 ·
Phillip,

I've used Kingsborne Wire Werks on all my Land Rovers (DI, DII, Series IIA) and I know others that have used them on the 90's.

They are good and have an affordable price. Their tech support is also great. I found an issue with one of my IIA wires and they sent me new wires without a problem.

I will recommend them any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. :cool:

#14 ·
I am also running the Kingsborne wires and cheap Champion plugs in my 90. The quality of the Kingsborne wires is excellent. Like many I had problems with the Bosch Platinum plugs in my old D2 so I generally steer clear of those, but maybe that issue was isolated to the later 4.6 engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.