spark plug removal tip - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 26th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Daniel Choi
94 NAS Defender 90 ST
spark plug removal tip

If you're changing your plugs and your rig has seen plenty of wheeling in the dirt and mud, I highly recommend removing the fender wings (for easy access) and thoroughly cleaning out the spark plug wells before removing the plugs. They're pretty deep and can hold tons of crud which you don't want inside your cylinders. Another reason to DIY because a busy shop will probably just do a quick in and out.

I've been using some solvent, a dental pick and compressed air to clean out mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (35).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	93719  

Old April 27th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Yeah that's a good idea...I was thinking on this the other day...there couldn't we a worse vehicle to be OCD with than a LR...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions