Spark Plug/ ignition wires - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 30th, 2005, 12:20 AM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Spark Plug/ ignition wires

I did a search looking for some ignition wires for my '97 D90 but came up empty. What after market wires are out there and are they any better than the OEM? I have seen the magnacor and I am familiar with the Jacobs products but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about these or any others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2005, 05:45 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

I couldn't see much gain in changing wires to a larger gauge with out changing the distributer and coil. Although non OEM wires are probably just as good/better and cheeper. I have heard good things from the magnacore. check summit racing they have too many to choose from.
Old September 1st, 2005, 02:22 AM
Hollywood
alex howell
94 d90

I had a jacobs ignition. I think it lasted 3 months, before it died. My mechanic got the run around from the distributor and then jacob. Eventually I gave up and took it as a lost. It was nice when it worked.

I should have listened to the mechanic who recommended not getting it.
I am looking at the DUI distributor and wires, with a powerchip. My buddy used the powerchip in his 94 discovery and saw good results. That was about 6 months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Thanks Alex, Sorry to say that I had the same problems with Jacob's with another vehicle. I would avoid them for sure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions