Spare Ignition module? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 26th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Nadir Elfarra
94 NAS D-90 ST
Spare Ignition module?

Hi All,
Ran into someone who works on 4x4's for a living (all brands) yesterday. He mentioned that one of the things that frequently goes south on a Land Rover (didn't mention a specific model) was the ignition module - to a point where he recommended carrying a spare.

This leads me to two questions - first, do any of you carry a spare ignition module? Secondly, what spares *do* you choose to carry? (thinking in terms of pumps, lines, hoses, etc. - not fluids, clamps, etc.)

Old April 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110
I replaced my module as a plan against getting stuck. I then threw the old one under the seat along with the coil. Well, after about a year, the new one failed. It started going bad by cutting out or not starting, then after almost having a dead battery, it would finally work. Then it completely failed about a mile from my house. Put the old one on and drove home -- I now carry a spare always. With the kit that relocates it from the side of distro to the wheel well, it takes about 5-10 minutes to change out the module.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

mod, spare