Defender Source Forum banner

Spare Ignition module?

Tags
mod spare
713 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rocketman 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Ran into someone who works on 4x4's for a living (all brands) yesterday. He mentioned that one of the things that frequently goes south on a Land Rover (didn't mention a specific model) was the ignition module - to a point where he recommended carrying a spare.

This leads me to two questions - first, do any of you carry a spare ignition module? Secondly, what spares *do* you choose to carry? (thinking in terms of pumps, lines, hoses, etc. - not fluids, clamps, etc.)

Thanks,
-Nadir

#2 ·
I replaced my module as a plan against getting stuck. I then threw the old one under the seat along with the coil. Well, after about a year, the new one failed. It started going bad by cutting out or not starting, then after almost having a dead battery, it would finally work. Then it completely failed about a mile from my house. Put the old one on and drove home -- I now carry a spare always. With the kit that relocates it from the side of distro to the wheel well, it takes about 5-10 minutes to change out the module.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.