Sparco seats and wheel in D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
spoolin440
Chris Johnson

Sparco seats and wheel in D90

I've done some searches and see references to Momo units... but nothing regarding Sparco products being installed. Nothing against Momo but almost every performance car I have had has had Sparco products and well... I'd like to keep that trend in the new toy. Does anyone have some insight on fitting high-end race equipment into the 90s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

I have used Recaros in my D90s over the years and the issues are: 1. getting to the battery under the drivers seat - I ended up installing a side panel to allow limited access. Full access only by unscrewing the seat. 2. height of the seat using the necessary seat brackets makes replacing the steering wheel with a smaller wheel necessary - I use MOMO. 3.side bolsters on the seats and height of most defenders make vehicle access fun - painful if you land on the bolster wrong. 4. my recaros have back adjustment knobs which hit the roll cage support brackets and limit backward travel of the seat. But they are better than the rover seats and I will continue to use them when possible.

Haven't seen the sparco steering wheel. Does sparco make an adapter to fit the wheel to a defender?
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
spoolin440
Chris Johnson

You make some very good points.... ty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, seats, wheel