Spacers on Rovers North Husky Superwinch front bumper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2014, 11:45 AM
coffee
John Oates
1993 NAS Defender 110 #367/500

Registry
Spacers on Rovers North Husky Superwinch front bumper

Is anyone using one of the Rovers North Husky Superwinch front bumper? The PO installed one, along with a brush guard (one of the damage accelerator wraparounds). I took off the brush guard - which by the way, the truck looks much better. But now the bumper sticks way out front - because there were spacers added for the brush guard to fit, I assume.

I called Rovers North and they said that the bumper fits without spacers, but it looks like it would be too tight against the front grill without the spacers - not sure the winch will fit.

Just wondering if anyone had this setup installed without spacers. See photo below - I've marked where the spacers are located. Thanks - just curious - I may end up taking all of this off and replacing it with the standard simple NAS bumper for a cleaner look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	106828  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2014, 02:55 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Spacers are required for it to fit with the NAS 110 extended grill panel. So sayeth on the earlier sales ads for that bumper -- maybe the current ones too.

Short of removing the AC condenser and fans (maybe fitting an NAS 90 set up) and the trans cooler and fitting the NAS 90 style grill panel, you are stuck with the spacers.

I deleted the trans cooler and lines and the AC from my 110.
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Spacers are required for it to fit with the NAS 110 extended grill panel. So sayeth on the earlier sales ads for that bumper -- maybe the current ones too.

Short of removing the AC condenser and fans (maybe fitting an NAS 90 set up) and the trans cooler and fitting the NAS 90 style grill panel, you are stuck with the spacers.

I deleted the trans cooler and lines and the AC from my 110.
The new ones didn't mention it...which was the reason for the confusion. The spacers are required to avoid cutting the panel and part of the grille. (only if mounting a winch)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2014, 03:24 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I can't say whether it will fit a NAS 110 w/o spacers but it fit a NAS 90 without them and it fits on my ex-MOD 110 without them. The winch just barely clears the breakfast but it fits without cutting. I have no A/C and no trans cooler. Breakfast in stock position. This is also the genuine Mantec bumper than RN copied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:53 PM
coffee
John Oates

Registry
very helpful, guys. appreciate it. that's what I was afraid of. I hate the wrap around brush guard and was going to go bumper-only, but my truck looks like my beagle with the winch sticking way out front. This is actually good, it gives me an excuse to find a whole new solution. Im thinking I will go back to stock (or close to stock - not sure I need the indicator cutouts)
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
The new ones didn't mention it...which was the reason for the confusion. The spacers are required to avoid cutting the panel and part of the grille. (only if mounting a winch)
I can't see it fitting with the trans cooler and lines without the spacer. I don't think cutting would be enough, but I have not held one up to look.
Old November 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
coffee
John Oates

Registry
you're right. no way it fits. I finally just tried it and a spacer is definitely required. You think I would have just tried it before wasting everyone's time with my post! thanks
Old November 11th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I can't see it fitting with the trans cooler and lines without the spacer. I don't think cutting would be enough, but I have not held one up to look.
I only had a puma to check it out, which would be fine with some cutting. Thanks for the info!
Old November 12th, 2014, 04:41 AM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

O/T.... @ Chris Snell...

your 110 Tithonous looks sweet with that camel-esque front end on it. nice.

have you changed the engine? looks like a large intercooler sat in there?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, bumper, front bumper, winch