Defender Source Forum banner

SP 4X4 Half Doors

Tags
4x4 door
13K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  bnamunds 
#1 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
nice people but very, very frustrating to deal with.
They normally don't respond to email, nor to their online order.

I placed an order for 5 set of middle row doors last September. Finally got one pair, still waiting for the other 4. After many requests about the status, finally got a message that they were still out of stock. That's is it, no news how or when.

Lucky I didn't pay for them but still I don't understand how a company can survive this way.

The one set I received was of a good quality, nothing wrong with that.

#17 ·
In the last week I've put in orders with both companies and had a great experience all around. Jill and Lynn from Ashtree we're super responsive despite an illness and James from SP responded to questions within 24 hours. SP order shipped within 36 hours amd the Ashtree order will be hand delivered next week.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Thanks, just trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I emailed SP but their site indicates the half doors are out of stock. Ashtree wants $560 US shipped for their galvy ones. Don't want to pull the trigger and regret it.

#33 ·
Literally just got the doors I ordered from SP-4x4. Had a great experience ordering from them and having them shipped to the US. Shipped them via freight to a nearby airport and went and picked them up and saved nearly 200 pounds (slightly time consuming because you'll have to get the shipping label, take it to customs and pay the import fee which was around $20, but worth it). Anyways, the door quality is really good, except the rear door panel wasn't bonded fully to the frame so I used MetalBond and re-bonded everything and they look great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.