Source for Silicone Vacuum Hose/Tubing? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Source for Silicone Vacuum Hose/Tubing?

Anyone know of a good source for silicone vacuum hoses/tubing (can't remember the difference between the two)? Looking to replace all the cracked ones in my 110 and RRC. Looking through the archives I found Paragon Performance but they all mad expensive. The cheapest I found was Silicone Intakes at $1.49/foot. Hoping maybe someone here would know better.

And can anyone tell me the exact size needed? I measure anywhere from 4mm to 6mm. Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I purchased my silicone intercooler hoses and vacuum lines from this following site.
http://boostcontroller.com/

They wre easy to deal with and the quality was real nice

They also have a mm to in conversion that might help
http://boostcontroller.com/display_page.php?i=44
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Thanks Dave. Looks like their Magnum brand is unavailable in 6mm. I have to recheck under the hood. Last time I checked it was 6mm for the RRC and 4mm for the 110 for the majority of the lines and other sizes in between. Seems weird.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
16kpsi
Tony Lawson
1986 D110 ex-200tdi to be 6BT

mcmaster has a fair selection of silicone tube. Un-reinforced in metric. Reinforced in imperial sizes.
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Try the "Blue Steel".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Thanks Dave. Looks like their Magnum brand is unavailable in 6mm. I have to recheck under the hood. Last time I checked it was 6mm for the RRC and 4mm for the 110 for the majority of the lines and other sizes in between. Seems weird.
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Epsom_D2
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE

Registry
Amazon Hose and Rubber Company located right next door to you in Orlando. I purchased turbo hoses for my 300tdi when they blew. Give them a try. www.amazonhose.com

S-P
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1 View Post
Try the "Blue Steel".
Sorry I cannot find that anywhere on the website. What is it?

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Sorry, bad Zoolander Joke!
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:08 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Haha! Tom you had me looking for 20 minutes! Good one.

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:34 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Sorry about that, i watch way too much TV!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, vacuum