Sound Proofing advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 30th, 2015, 07:06 PM
edemusmaximus
Ed O
1990 Defender 90 200tdi

Registry
Sound Proofing advice

I just ordered some Raptor Bed Liner to do the inside of my 90, but was curious if there is an added benefit of putting down any sound deadener/matting ...I would assume that the matting is most effective when it's in contact with the vibrating metal, right? Do you place one over the other, or do you just choose one...the lining or the deadener mats? If you can layer, which one goes over which? I hope that makes sense...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2015, 07:09 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry
oh boy....

Old March 30th, 2015, 07:13 PM
edemusmaximus
Ed O
1990 Defender 90 200tdi

Registry
haha...trust me, I've read through the sound-proofing threads! I have done the search thing on the forum, and I haven't sound any info that is satisfying...I know there is an etiquette to this forum...but if I have overlooked something, I plead mercy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdread View Post
oh boy....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2015, 07:18 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
I wouldn't bed-liner in hopes to eliminate sound. Matting may help. Depends on where the noise is coming from and what is causing it. Best way to eliminate the sound in a Defender is to not drive in a Defender.

I would recommend noisekiller mats for the interior or the exmoor molded front matting system. Best bang for the buck for me on sound deadening was adding a full headliner and interior trim panels on the sides in the 90 I used to have in the UK. If you're rocking thin aluminum all around you're not helping yourself.

I would also only recommend buying a roof/sides/headliner in the UK because I picked a complete county spec roof and sides without any issues or leaks for 150 GBP. In the US just a roof apparently costs $1000 used without anything. Prices in the US are insane.
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:18 PM
edemusmaximus
Ed O
1990 Defender 90 200tdi

Registry
kill the thread

I did a further search and found the info I want...please ignore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edemusmaximus View Post
haha...trust me, I've read through the sound-proofing threads! I have done the search thing on the forum, and I haven't sound any info that is satisfying...I know there is an etiquette to this forum...but if I have overlooked something, I plead mercy..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
advice, roof