Soft top third brake light is out. Now what. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

Soft top third brake light is out. Now what.

Alright guys. I am being insanely lazy here because I have just spent about a week changing out just about everything in the fuel system of my f250 and I am exhausted.

My third brake light is not working and after taking it apart tonight I noticed it has 3 bulbs. I pulled the third bulb or passenger side bulb and it looked fine on first inspection but I did not check the others. I have also not checked with a volt meter if I am even getting power to the lines, but I plan to do that soon. So my first thought was to look at the diagram of the fuses hoping a fuse might be out and that diagram was not totally helpfull. I am assuming it is some sort of power issue as it would be strange for all three bulbs to go bad at once. That is unless we have some sort of christmas light style of wiring here. Anyone have a similar experiece to lend some wisdom? Anyone know if the fuse for the third brake light is different than the other two brakes?

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
if it is the same as in the 97 look behind the passenger side rear speaker. there is a connection point that may be loose. as for the fuse I can't tell you.
good luck
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Have you tried reseating the bulbs? I've had them work loose in the past. Or ditch the third brake light and all the hardware that goes with it.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2009, 09:51 AM
RickM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST

I am not sure legally in Texas I can ditch the tail light without being illegal. It is surely a piece of crap though.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Connection is behond the speaker on the passenger side. There are two bullet type connectors (one power, one ground) I bet one worked loose if the bulbs are ok and the other brake lights work. It could also be the connection at the light itself which is internal to the light.

Ron

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, ht, soft top