Soft top beam. Help please. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
wklein
William Lawrence Klein
1994 Defender 90

Soft top beam. Help please.

So I have managed to mislay the steel bar that slides thru the front of my soft-top. I do not know the name of the beam but once inserted, it slides to create a soft seal above the windshield. If anyone knows of an improvisation for the weekend please let me know. Thank you for all your help. Have a great holiday!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklein View Post
So I have managed to mislay the steel bar that slides thru the front of my soft-top. I do not know the name of the beam but once inserted, it slides to create a soft seal above the windshield. If anyone knows of an improvisation for the weekend please let me know. Thank you for all your help. Have a great holiday!!!

Would love to help but I am not sure what you are looking for. Do you need a new header bar? You can find those here;

http://www.badgercoachworks.com/inde...s/Page1526.htm
Old July 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklein View Post
Pretty sure it is just flat stock, but I have not had a Tickford top since 2005 or so and have forgotten the width and thickness. Should be easy enough to measure and try to find something at Home Depot to cut down (mine they sell 8ft flat stock) and cut, round the edges, prime and paint.
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2013, 01:23 AM
wklein
William Lawrence Klein
1994 Defender 90

Yes. This is for the header bar.

I will try Home Depot. Thank you. Any suggestions for where to buy a new top. Want to spend the least amount possible. Figure its just gonna get ruined again. Bought a surrey from badger a while back and was not impressed. Any person or dealer with surplus they're looking to shed please PM me.

Thank you. Happy Fourth of July.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags