Soft top adaptation - colours - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Soft top adaptation - colours

Has anyone tried - successfully I might add - to colour a soft top? As I am in the California sun, BLACK really is not high on my wish list. Something refectice of heat would be nice.
Are the tops stainable, paintable, or colourable? I have a really old one that is fadded grey and I would like to try something out on.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:39 AM
James Morgan
1986 Ex MOD XD90
i not sure if its the same type of material but you can paint the military vcanvas ones thats how they get the camo effect on it

and i have seen them sucessfully painted but the paint tends to crack and needs touching up quite often from what i remember if you use the wrong stuff

now as far as thr right stuff goes i cant for the life of me remember

sorry not much help

Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:45 AM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
This stuff might work. It comes in a few colors. Vinyl Paint
I used it to redo plastic interior pieces on an airplane I use to own. They claim that it will work on seats and tops of cars. If you try it and it works, please let us know...
:O [==] O:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

soft top