Soft-top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Soft-top

Sorry for what may be a basic question, but it is my first post and I just purchased my d90. Can someone please let me know who makes (and who sells) the full length soft tops for a 94 d90. I would like the soft top with the small windows at the top (it looks like the hard top in this regard). Contact information and general price information would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:55 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

www.roverconnection.com

http://www.roverconnection.com/Def%2...dffulltop1.jpg
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:10 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Thank you. The one the picture is the one I was hoping to purchase. I will call to see if they are still available (it appears that they may not be).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:14 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Justin,

Congrats on your D90. They are great vehicles as you will soon find out. The top you are looking for is called a Tickford top. It is the one that fits the 94 D90s without any modifications as they utilize snaps. Later D90s use a soft top that have the rail system and it is made by Best Top (same manufacturers for the Jeeps and other vehicles).

You can also fit the Best Top soft top on a 94 if you convert your snaps to the rail system. But the Best Top (as fas as I know) doesn't have the "Alpine Windows".

Both tops are available still either from the Dealer (expensive) or places like the one Yousef posted above or Rovers North. Used ones are sometimes on eBay from 800-1200 depending on condition.

Another good option that people seem to like is the Badger Coach Works top (http://www.badgercoachworks.com/page5.html). Expensive but great quality. They can run over $2K.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:17 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Thanks. I can already see that I am going to become very familiar with some of the online stores that people are referring me to. I just spoke with Rover connection and it sounds like what I need is the rail kit that you refer to. Rover connection does sell the kit and suggests that I have a body shop install.
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Justin, just my 2 cents... I really prefer the Older style Tickford over the Bestop. If your Defender has the snaps on the sides it will be cheaper. Also the Tickford is a very tough canvas while the Bestop is a vinyl like material. With the Tickford you have the alpine windows you were referring to and the rear and side flaps can be simply rolled up and snaped into place. I have dealt with both tops and I pick the Tickford hands down. Congrats and welcome to the club!
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:17 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Thanks for the advice. Do you (or anyone else on the forum) know where I can purchase a Tickford top? Are the available new or only used?
Old April 24th, 2004, 04:52 PM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

justin i sent you a PM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions