Soft brake pedal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 20th, 2010, 02:40 PM
T.U.
Pete
94 D90

Question Soft brake pedal

While wheeling this past weekend, I had a couple of times where my brake pedal went soft after being started up. It came right back on the seccond pump. I checked the resivoir, no issue there.

Do I need to bleed out my brakes?

- Sorry if this issue has come up before, the site will not let my i-phone do a search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Was it ever soft after doing a lot of turns or going over a rough area? I have had this before and it is from the wheel bearings being a bit loose. Wheeling over rough terrain giggles the wheels/hub/rotors slightly (since they are all attached) and moves the brake pads out a bit. So that first press on the brake pushes the pads farther in to reach the rotors. This is why the second pump is normal. Check your wheel bearings for some play.

If this only happened when you first started the truck, then you may have some other problem.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
T.U.
Pete
94 D90

Yes, is was during a very rocky segment of trail.

Thanks, I'll check the bearings out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake