Soda blasting ... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 28th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Soda blasting ...

Well in my sharing information rage ... I would like to talk to you about a realy nice process that was new to me four months ago : Soda blasting.

After thorougt use of a small sodablaster, I have to admit that it rocks ! Ok you cannot take realy incrusted rust out but for us with allot of aluminum in our rigs, it is awsome. The soda absorbs oil and grease so you can use it to degrease part or whole engines. It is also very forgiving for softer material like aluminum or some plastics. And it also disolves in water ! Easy cleaning and assures that none is left behind.

I use it in the garage driveway and after use juste hose it down or let mother nature take care of it.

Well that is my experience and again hope it helps someone ...

Pat

Kirk Lazarus, Tropic Thunder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Red">CanadaOverland.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofit
Well in my sharing information rage ... I would like to talk to you about a realy nice process that was new to me four months ago : Soda blasting.

After thorougt use of a small sodablaster, I have to admit that it rocks ! Ok you cannot take realy incrusted rust out but for us with allot of aluminum in our rigs, it is awsome. The soda absorbs oil and grease so you can use it to degrease part or whole engines. It is also very forgiving for softer material like aluminum or some plastics. And it also disolves in water ! Easy cleaning and assures that none is left behind.

I use it in the garage driveway and after use juste hose it down or let mother nature take care of it.

Well that is my experience and again hope it helps someone ...

Pat
Found a cool vid in regards to this, all I can say is wow! Here's the link. (You'll need Quicktime to watch this.)
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

Performance Plus !

Yep that is the one I have and love it.

Pat

Kirk Lazarus, Tropic Thunder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Red">CanadaOverland.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

I had a commersial soda blaster to do my 90 tub and seatbox. Nice thing is that the bare steel on the parts can be left unprotected for up to a year if you don't wash off the soda until just before to prime and paint.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions