So I pulled out my heater core... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

So I pulled out my heater core...

And now there's a big hole in the engine bay. Looks like a great place to put something. I need ideas. Do I build a box in there for storage? I kinda thought it would be cool to move the battery to the engine and mount a cooler under the drivers seat. Thats in first place right now

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Hmmmmm, battery may not be a bad idea, will give you more stowage room under the seat and really simplify winch wiring/jumpstarting.

Toolbox? Can never have enough toolboxes.

Could also modify the box to suck air out of the engine compartment, and push it up out of the now unused wing top vent. I can only imagine how hot it gets under there in So-Cal when you're out in the rocks.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:44 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Out of curiosity, how mucked up was your heater core? I've been tempted to pull mine and clean it because the heater has never worked great and I wondered if dirt had made its way through the wing vent into the core. Not sure if it would be worth the effort.

/
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
Out of curiosity, how mucked up was your heater core? I've been tempted to pull mine and clean it because the heater has never worked great and I wondered if dirt had made its way through the wing vent into the core. Not sure if it would be worth the effort.
It was disgusting. There was tons of crap in there and the little prefilter was in tatters. But keep in mind, this was an older (1990) Military truck that saw a lot in its day.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
heater