So. Cal. Brake shop?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:02 PM
Benjamin Hillegeist
97' d-90 ST
Question So. Cal. Brake shop??

Hey guys I need a little advice on a good brake shop in Southern California. I am located in Huntington beach so the closer the better. I just really don't want to go to the dealer or some bad shop and have them feed me the the same line of b.s. "your gonna need new rotors!" Any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

Pedro, you can use my skills
Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Brake shop leads

As a lead, I contacted British Pacific and asked for a replair shop. They sent me to British Motor Cars in Thousand Oaks. Jim and Jonathan run the place. They work on LR, Jag.s, and RR. I had e a good chat with them and like the feel of the place.
So, I'd advise you call them, or call British Pacific.
Do post your follow up. I just came from the Thousand Oaks LR Dealership where I declined their recommendation for brake work. They wanted to replace everything at $1800 .

I may be following your lead in a week or two.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:53 PM
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110
Call LandRoverUnlimited in Irvine. Terrific guys and off-roaders. Eddie is a founding member of the SCLR Land Rover Club. They have done work for me for two years and I love 'em. 949 768 3777

Doug Walker

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions