Snorkel Install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Snorkel Install

So I bought a snorkel from Brandon (dbj2003) and I got it today. Just a quick inspection immediately revealed that it mounts on the right side fender.

I have a RHD 300tdi truck but the square-ish hole with the grill on the fender skin is on the left side, none on the right side.

I don't know if sourcing a different fender skin with a hole and painting it will be cost-effective rather than just taking a dremmel to my existing fender. Obviously, measurements need to be as precise as possible if I go this route.

Also, I believe the snorkel is complete but I don't see any attachments to the air filter canister like on my D1 with the Mantec. Is that a separate kit or am I missing something? Anyone care to post pictures of their snorkel install under the hood?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:43 PM
SURVEYOR
Dennis Saltys
97 D-90 LE #290

Th right side mount is usually for a 200 Tdi. Not sure if a 300 Tdi can be retrofitted for the RHS
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
What type of raised air intake? Post a pic.
I ran into a myriad of fitment issues when I swapped my hard tube type for a Mantec type when I needed to adjust for the A-pillar leg on the cage.

At least with the mantec unit, Just be aware that there are clearance issues with the fender well if you move that hole around (to the front).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:45 PM
SURVEYOR
Dennis Saltys
97 D-90 LE #290

correction the LHS is usually for a 200 TDI
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
I'll take pics tomorrow when it's daytime. It looks to be a genuine LR part, (#PHD500340). Here's the for sale thread (pics towards the bottom)

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...04&postcount=1

The snorkel box says 300tdi and my engine is a 300tdi. Since my truck has the left side grill, I'm guessing it was originally a 200tdi. It's an 85 ROW that had an engine conversion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:10 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I think the right side fender mounts are for LHD trucks?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:36 PM
dbj2003
Brandon Jones
94 Defender 90 POE

Glenn,
I bought it from another forum member for a LHD 110. That might be the issue. Perhaps the lower attachment could be swapped with one for a rhd truck? If it doesn't end up working for you let me know I can reimburse you and pass it along to next in line.
Sorry,
Brandon
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Brandon, thanks! I'll keep that in mind... I'll try to see what my options are tomorrow and I'll let you know. If I can make it work, I'd rather keep it. Maybe I'll see if I can get a fender piece for a right side mount.

Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
snorkel