Snap top with belt rail truck - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 10th, 2009, 07:57 PM
David G
David Goodkind
1994/D90

Snap top with belt rail truck

Can any one help me? I have a new tonneau top with snaps and a 94 D90 with soft top using belt rail system. Any way I can modify my tonneau to fit rail? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If there is enough material, you could add the plastic pieces required to fit the cover - I assume you still have your snaps on the doors and on the dash? If they're not there you'd have to add them too. Badgerman would be the definitive source here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 10th, 2009, 08:58 PM
atlawson
Tracy Lawson
94' d90

I use both a snap tonneau with a belt rail system on mine. I have a badger top and a tonneau with snaps. What I did was when I installed the belt rail I used snaps on the belt rail where the rivets attach the belt rail to the body. I had to adjust the spacing but it does work that way for me. I can't remember if the belt rail was predrilled or not but I just used the same holes that was in the body when it orignally had a snap top on it. When I bought mine It didn't have snaps so I added them when I bought the tonneau.

Now I have a tonneau with the belt system so I have a full tonneau with snaps that I am going to put up for sale much longer. Chris modified a tonneau to fit with my gutter kit that uses the belt rails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

Tracy,

Can you send a photo of your belt rail strips on your rear tub to me. I want to see where they are placed.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
atlawson
Tracy Lawson
94' d90

Chris,

As soon as I get a chance I will get the pictures for you. The weather isn't so pretty here for the next few days. I will take pictures of the rear snaps and the sides as well for you.

Tracy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions