SLU removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI
SLU removal

Can anyone tell me what size spanner is needed to get the SLU cylinder out of the rear a-frame? Just need to replace both gaiters. Any other suggestions on how to make it a bit easier would also be great. It is not so easy to find tappet spanners around here so will need to grind down a normal one to the right thickness, just want to be certain I am starting with the correct one. This is the last bit before my rear suspension is complete. (then should finish the front this week after I get a set of wide radius arms to match the new front axle housing, yay!)

Will sure be nice to be able to roll it around a bit.
-- - Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly - Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts! - Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions