Slotted Radius Arm Bushings -- Opinions? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 12th, 2006, 01:46 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Slotted Radius Arm Bushings -- Opinions?

I'm currently running an older SG SIII Suspension on my Ninety (1998 vintage). I'd like to get some additional flex out of the front end, but I don't want to go as extreme as the 3-Link or hinged arm. Wod around the pirate board seems positive for these slotted bushings that a guy named "Sam" in Australia came up with. I was hoping someone here was using them and could comment on how well they work for adding articulation as well as any on-road/off-road drawbacks they have expereinced. Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I didn't really find anything after searching using several different phrases.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slotted bushings.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4749  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I know a few guys were attempting to do the same thing by drilling holes through the rubber on the stock bushings...maybe they can chime in on how long they lasted or how well it worked. I'd be a bit wary of doing it, myself.
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
I'm currently running an older SG SIII Suspension on my Ninety (1998 vintage). I'd like to get some additional flex out of the front end, but I don't want to go as extreme as the 3-Link or hinged arm. Wod around the pirate board seems positive for these slotted bushings that a guy named "Sam" in Australia came up with. I was hoping someone here was using them and could comment on how well they work for adding articulation as well as any on-road/off-road drawbacks they have expereinced. Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I didn't really find anything after searching using several different phrases.
I'll let you know in a few weeks how they work out. I'll be selling them here in the US and Sam sent me a few sets last week.
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2006, 07:36 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Hey John,

Ah, you are the mystery man. I had seen a post over on Pirate that they were setting up a U.S. distributor. Have you worked out pricing yet? I'm interested in trying them out, given most of the reports I have read have been on the positive side, though some have not. And while I'd like your opinion as well, please realize there is no malice when I say, your opinion will likely be somewhat biased, since there are finacial gains to be made for you if they work out well, and potential losses if they do not.

So if anyone is running these, please speak up....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

John is a good guy, you can believe what he says he wouldn't sell something if he didn't think it would work.
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
Hey John,

Ah, you are the mystery man. I had seen a post over on Pirate that they were setting up a U.S. distributor. Have you worked out pricing yet? I'm interested in trying them out, given most of the reports I have read have been on the positive side, though some have not. And while I'd like your opinion as well, please realize there is no malice when I say, your opinion will likely be somewhat biased, since there are finacial gains to be made for you if they work out well, and potential losses if they do not.

So if anyone is running these, please speak up....
Scott, yes I will be selling them here in the US. I have two sets coming in, one will go to Larry G. for testing (and unbiased opinion) and one set I will test. Trust me, in the LR parts business there is no money to be made unless you are an AB, BP, EE, etc... just kidding!!!!

As soon as they come in I'll take some close up pics and let you know how they work out.

Mike, thanks for the compliment!!!! YES, soup for you!!!!!
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Hey John, are you out there?

Hey John,

I've sent you e-mails, tried to PM you (box has been full forever), any update on when these will be available, or a contact where I can just go get them from the source in AUS?

Old June 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
D-90 Source Vendor

Scott,

Larry has had them on his Rover for a few weeks now, I haven't heard back from him yet but I'm guessing they are ok. I'll try and get in touch with him.

We want to make sure that they last longer than the non-slotted bushings, if they do then we will place an order with Sam. We do have the Scorpion slotted bushings (orange poly).

I've been getting tons of junk mail and ocassionaly delete "good" emails by mistake. I'll also clear my inbox.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bushings