slider and the outrigger - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 14th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Boone90
Mark Gilmore
97 D90 SW

I had same issue with my Rockware sliders.

I used a Dremel with a Flex-Shaft Attachment http://www.mytoolstore.com/dremel/flexaccs.html

It was small enough and long enough to get inside and grind down the weld seam at the bottom of the tube.
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone90
I had same issue with my Rockware sliders.

I used a Dremel with a Flex-Shaft Attachment http://www.mytoolstore.com/dremel/flexaccs.html

It was small enough and long enough to get inside and grind down the weld seam at the bottom of the tube.
Thanks,

I got the second one on today.

drill extention, 2" fine wire wheel and then, an 1.5 inch stone wheel
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:34 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Slider follow up

Just looking for some input.

When I got the sliders from the manufacturer they were scratched from the way they were packed.(Wrapped metal to metal before put on the ship)
I contacted the company in Europe, through their US distributor, and they said it was caused by my attempt at installing them on the truck. This would have been impossible since I was on the phone with them 5 minutes after I signed for them. After this, they said that it didn't matter they were going to get scratched up anyway! Or, you wouldn't be able to see it once installed! Which was untrue. they are very visible on the top of the sliders.
Am I asking to much? Or should I expect to receive a $400 pair of sliders in perfect condition, so I can put the first scratches on them?
I waited to hear back from them for 2 weeks, but the manufacturer has made no attempt to make it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

I think you shouldn't get worked up over some scratches. Certainly they should have done a better job packaging based on your description. You let them know you weren't happy now move on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
slide