Sitting Level - OME & ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn Winch - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Nedim Aruz
1995 D90 SW
Follow Up

This weekend I got a chance to check the springs installed and much to my surprise the truck had 751 springs installed all around. After double checking the shipping invoices (which said OME 2x 751 & 2x 764) I called the shop that installed them and it appears as if they were sent two sets of 751 springs one of which came in a box labeled 764. Neither the vendor nor the shop caught this error and now I've got them sending a new set of springs.

I guess this is a lesson to always check items shipped before anyone installs them. I have contacted Rovers North and they are also willing to pay for the reinstallation of the proper springs...I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't more of a fight. I'll post a before and after pic after pic once the fix is made.

Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:01 PM
'97 Defender 90 SW
Isn't it a bitch trying to order thru the mail? I just got the oil cooler lines in that I ordered and the stupid MF at the shop sent the wrong ones. What a hassel.

Old January 4th, 2005, 11:05 PM
John Lee
Originally Posted by JohnC
They are the OME spring spacers (I think they are 10mm in height). I got them from EE a few years ago. They are free. I just need to remove them from the RR (it's going to be donated before the end of the year). I have 4 of them. If you want them just give me a few days to remove them and we can meet up somewhere in the city.
That's funny, John. We don't you in our customer records. You're not an EE customer.
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor
Hmmm, maybe I'm mistaken.... I was almost sure that I purchased it from you guys. I remember seeing it on your website many years ago.

Anyway, they worked fine on my RR for many years.

John C.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions