Simmonites white light kit? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Heston LaMar
97 NAS D90 ST #1789
Simmonites white light kit?

Anyone converted to the Simmonites white light kit or anything similar? It basically converts the indicators and parking lights to clear lens with a colored orange bulb. Just getting bored and need something else to do to my truck (have to always be messing with it!). I think legally in the U.S. you have to leave the red brake light with a red lens, but the rest you can covert to clear with appropriate colored bulb, right?

Any problems anyone can think of before I buy the kit?

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
Mark Calzone the owner of Simmonites is a great guy. He gave Bobeck/RenChing and I a tour of their facility after he had closed for the day last December. We both bought a bunch of stuff that day- call him up to place the order if you can.

Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90
I did that upgrade, but without Simmonites. I changed all the lenses to XBD500050, cut the tail to make it longer (i used pvc) and placed last generation led bulbs. Works great.
" Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se. "
- Charles Eames

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, kit