Side lights fuse blowing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Owen Jones
Yellow`95 D90 ST #2188
Side lights fuse blowing

What is the best prcess for tracking down a short in my drivers side/instrument light circuit?

The problem started right after I added a center switch console for lockers, compressor and Hellas. The swiches are iluminated through the instrument circuit which is part of the drivers side light circuit. I discoonectd the center console instrument lights but the fuse still blows (???).

Around the same time I also replaced the front and rear marker lights.

At first the fuse would take an hour to blow but now it pops right away with a heavy short.

All other circuits are working, including the center console.

Any guidance before plunging in would be a great help!

Thanks in advance

"I think you need a little weatherstripping - right here..."
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43
My guess would be that either you pulled a wire a little and it is shorting on something after your install or, if you were messing with the markers, check those out b/c they wiring and bulb sockets both corrode pretty badly and might be shorting out.

"I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me." - Winston Churchill
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
97 SW
Might check your license plate light bulbs, too. They are on that same circuit...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, lights, wing