Side lamp bulb holder - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 27th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Side lamp bulb holder

Anyone know where one might obtain a side marker bulb holder? This is the small bulb holder that the bulb fits into then slides into the side marker lamp lens itself. Unfortunately, it is part of the wiring harness and the PO of my 95 ST deemed it necessary to cut it off and afix an after market light instead of replacing the broken one with an original (arghh!). I have already tried George at RDS and he said "no" to the inquiry. Anyone with any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2004, 02:55 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
hmm... i have gotten that thing from george i would try roversnorth
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Did not realize they have a stock of parts like this. I will try them tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion!
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Weldon
Weldon Pundt
"95" D-90

Lightbulb

"Neo" - Jeffrey Rosbrugh, RoversNorth does have what you need, had to replace one myself...

You may need to cut or shave it down, the small bulb holder that comes with the new side mark is a bit deferent, the new reflector is deferent as well (placement of screws are deferent *location of), I used the old reflector & shaved down the new bulb holder until it pop-in, then taped for holding ability & you may need to splice the wires as well, it's not hard...

You can go to RN & use their Catalog to find the part number & if your unable to do so let me know, I can get the part number for you???
Old January 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Weldon,
Thanks a bunch, I was starting to get frustrated as I just got off the phone with the folks at RN and they told me they do not have the "bulb holder" per se. Sounds like the solution you suggest will allow me to "splice" back in a very similar bulb holder from a different type of light. Is this a correct understanding? What is the type of light I am looking for? From what I understand it will "Fit" with a little encouragment, back into my current side lamp so the authenticity of the NAS original D-90 is not jeapordized. Thanks again!
Jeff
Old January 30th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Weldon
Weldon Pundt
"95" D-90

Jeffrey, here's the part numbers:
F/Right Amber - RNE763
F/Left Amber - RNE754
R/Right Red - RNE773
R/Left Red - RNE757

All of the above are $6.00 each & it comes with the reflector, bulb holder & bulb, the price comes from RN Catalog 2002

I'm sure you can find basic bulb holder to use at any Auto store or even Wal-Mart & if you need the bulb number & type I can get that for you as well, I have the packages in my truck, & yes you can find the bulb at the above stores as well...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
lamp