Shovel on wing mounting kit - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 14th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Cyborg
Larry Walton
'97 D-90 ST #2066 UK 4X4

Shovel on wing mounting kit

Hey guys...I bought one of those little shovels that mount on the wing and of course the kit to mount it. I have misplaced the directions for this and am wondering if anyone has the instructions for this. It looks relatively simple but since it requires drilling into the wing i am hesitant to dive into it.

If no one has instructions they could copy for me does anyone have experience mounting this?? Could I get a few tips possibly to ensure a good installation? Maybe some pix of proper install?

I am unclear as to what I am to do with the rubber pad that comes with it.Its shape is odd. I assume it is to go under the bracket the retains the blade of the shovel...so the shovel wont rattle as much against the underside of the bracket. -OR- possibly this is to be mounted to the wing top so the blade wont rub against the wing itself.

Also the retaining straps that are meant to wrap around the handle...I assume these are to be rivetted to the stand/brackets that retain the handle..I see several possible ways of doing this but am unsure which is best.

Any info or pix etc would be greatly appreciated...

THX,

Larry
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Cyborg
Larry Walton
'97 D-90 ST #2066 UK 4X4

Come on guys...someone has to have SOME info concerning this...any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cyborg
Old October 24th, 2004, 03:27 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Larry

I noticed you live in Portland. I have the Mantec set-up in my D90 SW. If you'd like we can meet up and you can have a look at it. Shoot me an email at medaniel@msn.com

DJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
kit, mount, wing