Shocks and Springs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
PDX Bolt
Tom Harbolt
1995 White D90 Soft Top
Shocks and Springs

I have a 95 d-90 ST. I am the second owner. The first owner rarely took it offroad. What should the expected life of the shocks and springs be? I was thinking of putting on new bilstein shocks. Do springs go bad over time if the truck has essentially been a onroad driver or should they still be fine? My offroad driving is mostly on the beach. The car sits lower on the driver side by about .75 inches. Previous owner was a big guy. I haul very little. My thought is new bilsteins and then drive for awhile, or should I do springs at the same time. Any perspective is much appreciated.

Old November 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
Unless it is excessively bouncy over bumps, the shocks are fine. Unless it looks like a low rider, the springs are fine. If you want lift and a bit better handling, do new shocks and springs, but really, they don't "go bad" in anything under a ton of miles or lots of hard use.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions