Shocks and Bushings - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
the service writers exist to sell service. they prey on people that don't know any better.

I had a loose a-arm joint and we found it by rocking the truck back and forward and back while I lay under it to watch for free-play.

i think we did it w/handbrake off but the truck in gear.

bring it to happy hour tomorrow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

The thud could be one bad shock too, worth checking before you go crazy. If the other shock is good it will not bounce much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
They are a bitch to do. I only did one ones and it required me undoing the big nut with an air chisel and driving around to free the ball joint from its housing after loosening it.
Ron
That is a really good idea. It worked I take it?
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Sounds like the shocks are the Rancho 9000... the know is anjustment that increases or decreases the firmness, either 0-5 or 0-9. I have them on my ST and love them. You can get an in-cab adjuster.
x2
they're adjustable RS9000's clockwise for tighter, anti-clockwise for softer - if they're 5+ years old and you're guessing they may be shot that adjustment may not work though, otherwise I really like these shocks, I used to run them in my CJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2010, 09:11 AM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
God willing and the creek dont rise- I will get it to HH today!

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
the service writers exist to sell service. they prey on people that don't know any better.

I had a loose a-arm joint and we found it by rocking the truck back and forward and back while I lay under it to watch for free-play.

i think we did it w/handbrake off but the truck in gear.

bring it to happy hour tomorrow....
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bushings