Shock Valving - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
gonzanc
Nick
'95 4.2L NAS D90

Shock Valving

All:
I am going with the OME 764 springs on all 4 corners with a 1" spacer in the rear. I am wanting to go with the Fox Emulsion 2.0, but I am not sure of the length or the valving. Please list your recommendations for valving and length. FYI, I will be using the stock shock mounts and will be driving 85% on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Foxs will not work on stock mounts. Search for explanation/solution.
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Jake1996d1
Jake
96 Disco/88 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
Foxs will not work on stock mounts. Search for explanation/solution.
They used to make pin to pin style and pin to hoop style shocks.. not sure that they do anymore besides some other OEM applications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
owen
Owen Jones
Yellow`95 D90 ST #2188

Registry
good choice. I have Fox 2 inch emulsion shocks with remotes on all four corners. Call Fox sales and they will insist on you getting the right measurements on the truck to determine the shock specs. I went with standard valving which worked well - if a tad soft at the rear.

I used a Rockware top mounts at the rear and fabbed a simple bottom bracket for the pin. Try to get the pin running at right angles to the shock, or the swivel ball will wear quickly. IMHO they are well worth the little effort to get them fitted

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin