Shipping company suggestion - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Defenderdat
David
1997/Defender 90

Registry
Shipping company suggestion

Hey guys,
I'm looking to ship a new ride from KY to MS and am having trouble with a current shipping co. Apparently due to the fact this is not a well traveled route for vehicle transportation. Does anyone have a company they have used and would recommend? I'm need to get some competition in this game.
BTW, it's a '13 land cruiser since I'm sure you were wondering. It will share space with my '97 D-90.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Defenderdat
David
1997/Defender 90

Registry
Don't think I haven't though a bunch about that. I have a fly fishing trip planned with my sons next Saturday but the drive would be lots of extra hours after flying there. Just too many other things going on.
I do have some great car purchase trip stories and certainly recommend. Leads to adventure and memories...
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

shoot me a PM with your email and I'll get you to the company I always use. They have very competitive prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2014, 11:24 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Transport Broker

Call Pete and tell him Clay Ayers referred you. He is easy to work with, has a great track record with me and others here on the forum and will give you preferences as a Defender owner.

954-274-5214

Good Luck,
Clay
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
I recommend Athena Hall 954-892-6905, I've used her several times and recommend her highly.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM
UTRPh
Danny V
94 D90 #1260

Registry
X2 on Athena

Athena was great for my d90 from Spokane to Denver
(954) 892-6905 mobile
athenahall@msn.com
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LOL. X3. I use Athena regularly all over the place. The voice doesn't go with the name but she's good @ what she does. For those curious, she's on linked in.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:40 PM
J. Andrew
J. Andrew
95 D90 NAS SW #384

I'll drive it... You'll be on my way to Nola lol
Old May 1st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Videoguy
Ron
1997 Defender 90 SW

Delivery

The broker has very little to do with the service. It's all about how much money you pay and the availability of drivers. I waited a month because I took the lowest price, when I added some money I got delivery immediately. It's all about the drivers.
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videoguy View Post
The broker has very little to do with the service. It's all about how much money you pay and the availability of drivers. I waited a month because I took the lowest price, when I added some money I got delivery immediately. It's all about the drivers.
That is partly correct. The brokers work to line up drivers through a website, centraldispatch.com. A good broker will immediately fire a driver who jerks them around or is late and get another on the job asap. Their entire role is to manage the process. A good broker, when you call up with pick up and drop off zip codes will tell you " that is in the middle of frigging no where and I'm going to need to offer $x to get this done". Any broker that simply advises what a transport job should cost based on the online calculator and posts it online and does nothing further is not someone to use. You need a whip cracking manage the process type personality in a broker.

Yes you can post the jobs for less than market and hope a trucker is looking for 1 more vehicle to make a full load and takes it, those jobs always take a long time to get done. Holding out for the lowest rate with vehicle transporters almost always gets you the worst available.

I have trucks transported regularly all over the world. Vehicle transporters are 99% of my problems. They are the same all around the planet.
Over the years Athena has probably handled 75-80 transport jobs for me, I like her.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old May 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
A good broker will also have experience with various drivers / shipping companies....and tell you who are the best, and who you shouldn't trust! Athena has always given me the best blend of lowest price for the best quality of shipper. What's the cheapest rate worth, if your truck shows up with scraps or damage. (anyone remember that red D90 that got scalped by an overpass on the way to its new home?)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
shipping